Wednesday, September 22, 2010

drool.

Anyone else catch the amazing homes featured today on Grassroots Modern? The post was about photographer Eric Staudenmaier, but I'm as captivated with the homes as I am with the photography. I especially love the turquoise shelving with turquoise chandelier. Eek!

[via]

Really, who wouldn't love to have a library like this? My cousin recently posted about her current library and her dream library. I'd like a library in our someday house, and would be totally satisfied if it looked like this. I don't have nearly enough books (I'm more of a book-borrower than a book-buyer) but that can change. Time to start combing thrift stores for my favorites.

I also want to share with you a short email conversation I had with Mr. Nielsen's architect brother today, who introduced me to Grassroots Modern.

Me: Have you seen today's post on Grassroots Modern? I'm drooling over those houses. Any photographs of those houses would look amazing.

Architect Brother-in-Law: Marta, the ultimate goal is for you to have a house of your own that you drool over.


Amen to that. Maybe then my house will be featured on Grassroots Modern.


2 comments:

  1. I have a dream of having a library in the attic of my house, one day when I have a house, with an attic, with dormers. I dream of a sunny room away from the rest of the house to read in, with a big comfy couch and no one to bug me. :) For now, I have a chair in the corner of my bedroom.

    Did you see this on hooked on houses a few weeks ago?
    http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/homegarden/101181499.html?elr=KArks7PYDiaK7DUvckD_V_jEyhD:UiacyKUnciaec8O7EyUr'

    -->She just posted a link to it without saying anything about it. I can't decided if think these people are crazy or amazing.

    September 30, 2010 3:51 PM

    Word verification

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think this is the blog you told me about, but it's fun to read! Let me know what your other blog is (I forgot)

    ReplyDelete