Saturday, July 17, 2010

dwell

I spent some time looking on the website of a magazine called "Dwell" today. It is all about modern living, from architecture to decorating and design. Here are some things that stood out to me.

I've included two views of this home. In all my dreaming (and bored sketching during class) I've imagined a pergola attached to our house. This one is particularly cool. However, they have floor to ceiling windows in the bedroom, with no visible curtains or blinds. I don't think I could do that.


[via]

Here's the other view. I like how the garage is so subtle. I'm the first to admit a dislike of snout-houses (those with the garage as the main facial feature) but I actually like this design! And again, what a neat pergola.

[via]


This is an interior of another home, in Sweden, I think. Almost all surfaces are knotty pine. I don't know that I could stand that much natural wood, but I do want to include some in my future home. It is so funny to see all this wood, even on walls, when on most cutesy interior decorating sites, they have so many examples of people who paint over wood paneling. I also really love the big windows and natural lighting in this space.

[via]

What do you think of all that wood?

No comments:

Post a Comment