Wednesday, July 14, 2010

a-train.

The other day I was playing around on the website of the 100k House, which lead me to Postgreen Homes, where you can customize your own home. Essentially, you pick from their projects which house you prefer, and then get to choose what flooring, countertops, paint, lighting, etc. that you want. I really like this process because it shows the cost difference between materials, and also detail out their "greenness." Doing this also gave me some great inspiration. It was there that I first decided I kind of like subway tiling for a bathroom. I also found some good examples of it on Design Sponge today:

[via]

[via]

[via]

[via]

[via]

After uploading all these pictures, I realized that I chose almost every picture from the original post! At first I only noticed the subway tiling in the bottom image. The contrasting grout lines make it stand out. Then I noticed that many of the featured bathrooms have the subway tile, crazy! Am I onto another trend here? White cupboards in the kitchen, and white subway tile in the bathroom?

(Note: Postgreen Homes also got me interested in white Ikea cabinets for the kitchen.)

1 comment: