Tuesday, July 13, 2010

in the kitchen.


Lately I'm loving white cabinets. Ikea sells them, and they are very inexpensive, which is good for me. The word on the street is that they are very trendy right now, which may not be so good. Is white timeless or trendy?

[via]


[via]

I am also contemplating stainless steel counter tops. This was the only picture I could find with a combination of stainless steel and white cabinets. In the article that lists the picture, it says that stainless can get dents, is expensive, and often looks streaky. I didn't think of those things, so I may have to reconsider this option. Thoughts? Opinions?

[via]

My friend Emma posted this picture on her blog, and I have to agree with her, it is fabulous! Did you know blue is an appetite suppressing color? I'm thinking that would be good in the dining room. Colors like red are good in the kitchen because they induce energy, which is good for cooking and cleaning up big messes. That being said, I love the blue ceiling. And the white cabinets! The marble (or granite?) counters look great, but I don't know if we can afford something like that.

[via]

2 comments:

  1. I think white is timeless more than trendy, but make sure you have a really good, durable finish, because little kids will make it necessary to wash these often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha - it will be good if you find a way to get the ocean view! I liked those windows a lot.

    ReplyDelete